With the IMO Ballast Water Management Convention coming into full force by 8 September 2017, ballast water issues are on vessel owners’ minds more than ever. Although mid-ocean ballast water exchange will work as an intermediate solution, most ships will eventually need to install an onboard ballast water treatment system.
For immediate assistance, send a message to BWThelp@ebdg.com. Elliott Bay Design Group (EBDG) has a team dedicated to supporting vessel owners with ballast water treatment (BWT) solutions, including implementation of Type Approval Guidelines, selection of a ballast water treatment system, and development of an installation strategy.
EBDG also offers the following services to assist vessel owners:
- Extension letter development and submittal
- Shipcheck and preliminary design
- 3D imaging of machinery spaces for streamlined installation
- Development of production drawings
- Regulatory submittal and approval, including US Coast Guard compliance
- Installation oversight, construction liaison, and owner’s representation