It’s an exciting time to be in the marine business and Elliott Bay Design Group (EBDG) is seeking Interns to join its team of professionals. Position requirements include:
- Currently enrolled to obtain a BS of Engineering degree in the field of Naval Architecture, Marine or Mechanical Engineering
- Candidates should be in their Junior or Senior year or in a Graduate level program
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Rhino (or other modeling program), finite element, or computational fluid dynamics software a plus
Interns can expect to perform naval architecture, structural and systems engineering, design and drafting, and/or vessel inspections. Work will primarily be in an office environment (5 days per week typically) with occasional travel for client and project meetings, inspections and testing. The successful candidate will have excellent writing and oral communication skills and will be able to work both independently and with a team.
Proof of eligibility to work in the USA is a requirement. No second party referrals or contact, please.
This is a full time (40-hour week) temporary position at EBDG. You will be working closely with a team of experienced naval architects, marine engineers, electrical engineers and marine designers.
We believe that investing in our employees is paramount so we offer the following to our Interns:
- Interns are paid an hourly rate
- Interns are assigned a Sr. Engineer to serve as Mentor during their time at EBDG
- Training programs including EBDG’s Lunch & Learn program as well as participation in EBDG’s Open Book Management program
- Interns participate in field work such as inspections, surveys, dock and sea trails, as well as client meetings
- EBDG’s Intern program offers a variety of experiences that whenever possible, align with each Intern’s professional development and area of interest
We work together and we play together. Every year we schedule a number of activities that add to the enjoyment of EBDG employment. In between the scheduled events, we experience random acts of celebration and camaraderie.
EBDG’s Seattle office is located in the dynamic Ballard neighborhood and comes with plenty of FREE parking. Our office in New Orleans is located in the heart of the Central Business District and is close all that the city has to offer.
Elliott Bay Design Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. M/F/D/V.